Recover deleted data
This is a baisc step by step guide on how to recover deleted data such as pictures, documents and music etc. You will need a USB memory stick or external hard drive to recover you data to if it was located on your internal hard drive.
1. Donwload Recuva frome here https://www.ccleaner.com/recuva/download/standard
1a. Insert your USB memory stick or external hard drive.
2. Navigate to the location where you downloaded Recuva and double click "rcsetup".
3. Click "Yes".
4. Click "Install".
5. Untick "View release notes" then click on "Run Recuva".
6. Click "Next".
7. Choose the type of file you want to recover. Click "Next". In this example I chose "All files".
8. Choose the location where the data was deleted from. In most cases it will best to click on "All Files". In this example I have chosen a specific location as the data was deleted from an external hard drive.
9. Click "Enable Deep Scan" then click "Next".
10. Tick the check boxes next to the name of the file that was deleted then click "recover". If you do not see the deleted file then it may have been renamed with radom characters, if that is the case tick the checkbox next to "Filename" at the top left of the main area so that all files are ticked.
11. Choose the location where you want to recover the files to then click "OK". If the data was on the internal hard drive then recover to an external hard drive or USB memory stick. If the data was on a external hard drive or memory stick then recover it to the internal hard disk / desktop.
12. Click "OK".
13. Thats all, you should now hopefully have your data back.